Today is Nicolas Cage’s Fiftieth Birthday.
Not only is this a milestone in the life of a great actor, but it also marks a half century of one of the world’s most lovable eccentrics. With an acting career that has spanned over four decades, it’s truly amazing that Cage is as popular as ever now in 2014. This is in no small part thanks to the proliferation of Cage-related content on the internet. From YouTube clips to 4chan memes and endless Tumblr pages, you could literally spend hours falling through a rabbit hole of insane acting!
In celebration of the great man’s birthday, here are just a few of our favourite online Cage-Nuggets:
2. “Voltron comprised entire of Cage heads” is surely the most powerful robot in the Universe
5. It’s no secret that many celebrities occasionally appear in lucrative Japanese commercials. Nicolas Cage is no exception. (Note: Pachinko is a pseudo-gambling pastime in Japan that involves a pinball-type machine)
6. Apparently, the Serbians understand the educational value of putting Nicolas Cage on the cover of their biology textbooks.
via Huffington Post
9. Let us not lose sight of why Nic Cage is famous: his unique ability to flip out on command. (Warning – contains loads of swears)
via Caged Eyes
via I Raff I Ruse
12. You don’t need to see The Wicker Man to appreciate… THE BEEEEES!!