If you want to achieve success in Hollywood, you could do a lot worse than follow in the footsteps of Mark Wahlberg, the star of Transformers 4 and Lone Survivor.
1. Score a #1 single on the Billboard Hot 100 – preferably with your pals, The Funky Bunch.
The only other member of the Funky Bunch we can remember is Hector the Booty Inspector, for obvious reasons.
2. Star in your own video game.
Make My Video, in which players could edit Marky Mark music videos by mashing buttons, is noticably less fun than working as an actual music video editor.
3. Feature in a Calvin Klein advert with the world’s biggest supermodel.
4. Play the lead in remakes of beloved classic movies
5. Earn an Academy Award nomination.
For his part as Staff Sgt Sean Dignan, Wahlberg made the short list for Best Supporting Actor in 2007.
6. Make an exercise video in which you have some models spot you.
Form…Focus…Fitness: The Marky Mark Workout was very much a real thing. It mainly used Mark’s lovely assistants as encouragement for you to get ripped.
7. Play the hero in a movie about killer trees.
This was pretty much everyone’s face when they watched The Happening.
8. Open up a bar and grill in your hometown and call it after a pun on your name.
Operated by his mother and big brother Paul, Wahlburgers is even the subject of a reality TV show of the same name.
9. Make a hit TV show based on your life as a Hollywood A-Lister.
Entourage is a look at the Hollywood lifestyle through the eyes of an emerging star and his friends from back home. The show loosely parallel’s Wahlberg’s rise to fame. There’s even someone called Johnny Drama in his real-life entourage!
Watch Mark Wahlberg in Lone Survivor now