In this week’s new film Cuban Fury, Nick Frost plays an office worker who tries to impress a beautiful colleague by learning how to salsa dance. He slips on his Cuban heels and throws himself into intensive training, with the plan of winning a major dance tournament.
If you’re looking to impress someone with your smooth moves, forget about Latin Dance classes. Learn these 10 moves off by heart, and you’ll be king/queen of the dance floor in no time!
1. ‘Finger Snaps’ from West Side Story
This is the easiest thing imaginable. All you need is the ability to keep time.
2. ‘Tequila’ from Pee Wee’s Big Adventure
If you need the respect of a fearsome biker gang, just crack out this little dance.
3. ‘The Twist’ from Pulp Fiction
Who hasn’t done the ‘Travolta Vees’ at least once in their life?
4. ‘The Slide’ from Risky Business
This is more dangerous than it looks – but what a way to make an entrance!
5. ‘The PM Shuffle’ from Love Actually
Sure, this is typical ‘dad dancing'; but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try it!
6. ‘Jai Ho!’ from Slumdog Millionaire
Just imagine you’re uppercutting someone a foot taller than you.
6. ‘Born to Hand Jive’ from Grease
Is it just us… or does this look a lot like Gangnam Style?
7. ‘Stayin’ Alive’ from Saturday Night Fever
This is one classic dance move that everybody always gets wrong.
8. ‘Canned Heat’ from Napoleon Dynamite
If you want to win your high school talent show, you’ve got to have some sweet dance grooves.
9. ‘The Shower’ from Flashdance
If you’re planning to do this in a club, remember to pack an extra set of clothes.
10. ‘The Big Lift’ from Dirty Dancing
Who hasn’t wanted to try this in real life? Warning: it’s even harder than it looks.