Seriously. Not with pancakes as a central theme, there are many movies that feature people having breakfast, but none that are actually about pancakes. Thereby, in celebration of shrove tuesday, and all the fun of lent, the best list I can come up with is
MOVIES WITH A STRONG BAKED GOODS THEME – WITH PARTICULAR REFERENCE TO CAKE.
- STRANGER THAN FICTION – The bit where Will Ferrell brings Maggie Gyllenhaal *flours* was like, aaaaahhhh.
- CHOCOLAT – Two incredibly attractive people with more food/sex connections than an M&S advert.
- SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE – SMG is in it, and she has magical powers, and a restaurant, and Sean Patrick Flanery
- SERENDIPITY – Romantic vehicle watched by single girls at xmas, set in NYs most famous coffee boutique.
- THE BROKEN HEARTS CLUB – Gay rom com/tearjerker centered around a restaurant run by John Mahoney.
It’s not the best list I’ve ever written – if you can come up with better baked goods movies feel free to comment.
I don’t know whether I mentioned this previously, but we have JUNO onsite for you to blink from. So sign in and grab some *indie* cool while it’s still on offer.
See you later.
Blogged with Flock